As I am sitting here on my freshly made bed, I have decided that I needed to look back onto this year and see the growth that I have made. To tell you the truth, I need to find something positive. I am going to a New Years party over at a friend’s house and my depression is starting to kick in. I am feeling melancholy and is in a desperate need of a hug and probably a good cry or a funny movie. Let’s go with a funny movie.
This year I read a total of 40 books and according to Goodreads a total of 7,710 pages. That is not bad. I also realize that this will not be accurate since I stopped using Goodreads for a while. I just was focused on reading and not using my phone to update on my reading.
What is sad that the best book that I have read this year happened last week while I was getting my hair done. Just to clarify. I did not force myself to read bad books, and all of the books that I have read, I did enjoy. It was that the best book of my year, I read last week. What made it sadder was that I was hoping that the author continued the book in a series, since the ending made it seemed that way, and there were no other books for me to read. Though I will say that I did enjoy the book and loved laughing at the silly antics that was going on with our main characters. That book was Sanity & Tallulah by Molly Brooks.
I will also admit that I have been reading a lot more fanfic. That has taken over my reading time and what I have been focusing on in reading. I can tell you that I have read several series, some of them are not complete yet, and others are. Some of the fics that I have read, I have enjoyed just as much, or even more, than an actual book.
With that stated, I just realized that I did not write a New Year’s resolution for 2018. I have written it in my journal but forgot to make a post. In fact, looking at last year, I realize that I have not made as many posts as I thought I did. So let me quickly put up some reading goals for 2018
- Read 25 to 50 books – completed that goal with 40 books
- Read books for enjoyment, not to complete my reading goal – most of my books have been four stars and above. However, like I have mentioned earlier in this post I only had one book that I truly enjoyed and wanted more.
- Finished a book I started last year – I do not think I completed this goal. Let us be real here. I don’t even remember what books I have down from last year.
- Reread a book that I have reviewed – completed. I had to reread the Amulet series in order to follow through on the 8th book. I also reread the Three Sister’s Island Trilogy
- Participate in a writing challenge/ classes on WordPress – did not do
- Read one classic – I have done this. I read The Little Prince. This was one of my more disappointing books of 2018.
- Read on Shakespear Play – did not do
- Read a book from my Bucket TBR list – did not do
- Host a readathon – Did not do
- Participate in Booktube-a-thon and Reading Quest. I have participated in Booktube-a-thon but not the reading quest. I was not able to find the reading quest.
- Read a book that was over 400 pages long – completed. I read the second book in The Land of Stories series, which was 517 pages.
I am really impressed. Out of the 11 goals, I have completed about 5.5. I am not sure about the 10th goal. I did one readathon but not the other. What do you say? Should I count it?
Maybe I did not do as bad as I thought I did. I did better than expected since I was absent from this blog and all things book related. The hiatus that I took, was not bad, and I do hope that it will do me better than before. I realize that looking back, I needed this time off. It is giving me a better perspective on what my goals and accomplishments are in life. A better view on what I value, and what I want for the future. I still want to continue this. But I want this to be fun. I do not want this to be something that I feel like I have to do, I am forced to do. I believe that is why I had to step back. I miss blogging. I miss being with others who share the same interest that I have. I miss those friends that I have met and made growth in my writing because of them. With that, I do want to think things through on what my goals for 2019 will be. There will be many changes, and I am hoping that they will be good ones. I know that the changes that I have experienced this year are positive. They forced me to grow and to reevaluate on who I am as a person, and what I want in life. And I hope that 2018 was the same for you.
Here is saying goodbye to 2018 and kicking off 2019 in the right direction. May the next year bring in greatness for ourselves in both growth and adventures.
Until next time.