I am not sure if this is a reading challenge or a readathon, but this looks like so much fun, that I had to sign-up. The challenge came from Aentee from Read at Midnight. She actually called it The Reading Quest. Before I begin, I also want to CW of Read, Think, Ponder for the artwork. That is who design the board and the characters.
The challenge starts on Sunday, August 13th and ends on Sunday, September 10, at midnight, in your area. The challenge looks simple. You pick a character and you follow the purple path on the Bingo board. That is the main quest. The blue tiles are the side quests that you can follow. There are even points that you can achieve while you participate. I have a left a link up above (the second link) so you can check out all of the rules and the game board itself.
I have chosen to become a Mage, and I will follow the path starting on the bottom left with the Mage up until I reach the knight.
Before I begin, I must note that when making my TBR there were a lot of questions, and most of them were answered when I scrolled down. However, some of these questions were focusing on books that I have chosen for this readathon. I will star those quests in question. The quests for the Mages, and the books that I have chosen are…
- Read a book with a one-word title – I have chosen Carival by Stephanie Garber. I am looking forward to reading this book. I have owned this book for quite some time.
- Read a book that contains magic – I am going with The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill. This one I am sure will count.
- Read a book based on mythology – I am a bit proud of my book choice. I feel a bit clever and ingenious with this book choice. I am going to be reading The Star Theif by Lindsey Becker. This book is about one girl’s adventure with the mythical constellations.
- Read a book set in a different world – I have chosen to read Cress by Marissa Meyers.
- Read the first book in a series – This was a bit difficult to find. I had to scour my shelves to find a book that would work. I tend to start series, not finish them. Alas, I was able to find one book. The book that I have chosen is Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins.
I have even grabbed some book that will work in some of the side quests. Those side quests and book are…
- Expansion: read a companion novel or a short story* – Originally I read the box as to read a second book or a companion novel and I was celebrating because that meant that I could read Serafina and the Twisted Staff by Robert Beatty. Then upon further inspection, thanks to this blog post I realize that it was short story or companion novel. If I can magically fit this in I would love to finish my serial box series. There is one more book that I have left with Remade. I am hoping that I can get to the last book which is The End of the Beginning.
- Time Warp: read a book set in either the past or the future – I have chosen to read The Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzie Lee. I have heard a lot of great things about this book and I am really looking forward to reading it.
- Potions: read a book concocted by 2 or more authors* – I am not sure if I am cheating, but I proud of myself for thinking of this. I want to read Because You Love to Hate Me edited by Amerlle. It is 13 short stories written by 13 different authors. I believe that it should count.
- Open world: read whatever you want – I am hoping to get to You’re Welcome, Universe by Whitney Gardner. In looking at the book, I do not think that this book will fit in any of the boxes. I am not sure, but I am really looking forward to getting to this book. Plus, it is one of my short ones.
- Respawn: read a book that you DNF – I am hoping that I can finish Twice Upon a Time by James Riley. I have started this book, but DNF it because I was caught in a minor reading slump in the beginning of the year. I did enjoy the book, and I am hoping to finish it within this reading challenge/ readathon.
I know that this is a lot, and I am not sure if I will make through to all of these books. Though I am hoping. In the following week, I will come up with a game plan that might work out, to help me stay on track. For now, this will be my TBR. If there are any changes, I will let you know.
I do hope that you will join me in this epic quest. Until next time. Happy reading!