I find this very fitting that WordPress just informed me that it is my four year anniversary. Why? The reason why I started this blog was to document my experience with booktubeathon back in 2013. I can honestly say that I am excited to not only participate in Booktubeathon this year but to be back on my blog. A lot has happened and there is a lot of catching up to do, but today I just want to focus on the challenges and the fun that I will experience for booktubeathon.
In case you want to know, Booktubeathon is a week long readathon hosted by Ariel Bissett. It is a week where booktube gets together to have fun, read, and to complete some challenges, not just reading, but with videos and Instagram.
This year reading challenges are…
- Read a book with a person on the cover
- Read a hyped book
- Finish a book in one day
- Read about a character different from you
- Read a book outside
- Read a book you bought because of the cover
- Read 7 books
- Read the group book Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index by Julie Israel
I do not have the video and the Instagram challenges. Those are usually given the day of that given challenge.
This event is fun and it is happening from Monday, July 24th to Sunday, July 30th. It starts at midnight in your area, and end at midnight in your area. It is not like some of other readathons, like Dewey’s 24-hour readathon, where everyone starts at the same time. It is one of my favorite experiences is seeing all the different times that these readathons start and end. I really do recommend for everyone to try it out.
I am really excited to share with you all the books that I am planning on reading. However, I must admit that I got a little too crazy. I just saw that the readathon was coming, watched the reading challenges video and started grabbing books off my shelf. In short, I have currently 17 books (18 if I do not finish my current read) that will fit the challenges, and barely any time to read any of them. I was looking at times for reading, and not doing video or Instagram challenges, and my worst days this week is on Tuesday and Thursday where I have 3.5 hours of reading time. If I take an hour to do the Instagram challenge, I would be left with 2.5 hours of reading. However, this year I would like to try to do at least one to two video challenges as well. I will see. I really want to read more than anything.
I figure that the best thing to do is to share with you all the books that I picked in excited glee. Show you the top picks that I wanted to read by the end of this week. I figure if I do not read all the books that I wanted to, for what ever reason, I have at least several options to choose from to help me succeed with this readathon.
Here are all of the books that I grabbed while I was preparing for this year’s Booktubeathon.
- Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index by Julie Israel
- Click Clack Quackity Quack By Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin
- The Book No One Ever Read by Cornelia Funke
- The Trails of Apollo: The Dark Prophecy by Rick Riordan
- Almost Home by Nora Raleigh Baskin
- Thirteen Chairs by Dave Shelton
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream by William Shakespear
- New World Rising by Jennifer Wilson
- Mosquito Land by David Arnold
- Story Thieves by James Riley
- Beauty and the Beast: Lost in a Book by Jennifer Donnelly
- The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by J.K. Rowling
- Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
- The Hate You Give by Angie Thomas
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
- A Million Junes by Emily Henry
- Serafina and the Black Cloak by Robert Beatty – The book that I am currently reading and hoping to finish before the readathon tomorrow.
Now I thought of the many ways to show you how I could easily succeed these challenges. It was the one thing that made me almost make a video of my TBR. However, I figured out how I can successfully make that TBR. Are you ready? I hope so…
- Read a book with a person on the cover
2. Read a hyped book
3. Finish a book in one day – Here are all of the books that I could finish in a day
4. Read about a character different from you
5. Read a book outside – So I have been having some health problems for a while and one of the issues that I have is light sensitivity. With the fear of the light sensitivity, I have decided to read some short books. I do feel like I am cheating a bit, so I choose two books for this challenge.
6. Read a book you bought because of the cover – I am starting to realize that my buying and book choosing habits. I really need to stop and think things through.
7. Read 7 books -I know that these are more than seven books, but these books are my top choices that I want to read throughout the week. I do want to point out that I did not put these books in the order of the challenges or how I want to read them. I just wanted to list books that I really want to read for the readathon.
8. Read the group book Juniper Lemon’s Happiness Index by Julie Israel
That, my dear friends, is my TBR for the booktubeathon. I do hope that I will be able to get through as many books as possible this coming week. I will post my schedule for the coming week down below. I just did not have enough time to figure out which books I want to read at which time. I might just end up filling in the calendar and letting you know what I have been reading throughout the week with my update.
Without futher ado, we must begin, since the first sprint is going to happen any minute.
Until next time… Happy reading!