Let me be real here. It was not one of my best readathon outcomes. I was only able to finish a book, and on top of that, I felt as though I failed. Though I am happy with my response on Twitter, and how everyone was helping me feel good about myself. Even though I was not able to do any of the challenges, or get many pages read, I was still able to enjoy the book that I finished.
- Which hour was most daunting for you?
Almost all of it. I was mainly only able to read in the afternoon to early evening. By the time 10:00PM hit, I was so tired from my week, I had to go to bed.
- Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?
- How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mather
- Because of Mr. Terupt by Rob Buyea
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season?
I really don’t. I feel kind of bad not being able to participate in it as much as I was planning on to in the beginning of this month.
- What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?
Honestly, I felt as though I am not qualified to answer this question. I was not able to participate in it as much as I was planning to.
- How many books did you read?
Let me be honest, I was able to finish a book. About 250 pages.
- What were the names of the books you read?
I finished How to Hang a Witch by Ariana Mather.
- Which book did you enjoy most?
The only one I finished. Which I am glad, because thinking about it, it would have been disappointing if I didn’t enjoy the book.
- Which did you enjoy least?
- How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?
I would love to participate in next year’s readathon. I believe that I will just stick to a participant reading their books. I am not sure what the next readathon will bring, and I do not want to put too much on my plate.
That is my Dewey’s 24-hour Readathon experience. I am not sure what the next few months will bring. Things have been super crazy at home. In addition, I have decided to participate in NaNoWriMo. Why? I am not entirely sure, but I will be happy if I could get to 25,000 words instead of the 50,000 words that are required by the end of the month of November. I am planning on getting ahead of some blogging to make up some of those weeks that I will be focusing on the writing challenge.
That is all folks. I will see you soon. Happy reading!