I am really stoked. I have a lot planned for the month of October. There are two readathons that I am hoping to participate, and a TBR that I have been planning since August. But before I get ahead of myself, let’s quickly do a wrap-up for the month of September.
September was an interesting month. I was able to read a total of 13 books, but I only read one book that was on my TBR. In addition, I was able to complete the challenge for the TBR jar. Instead of reading The Little Prince, I read a few books written by Beatrix Potter. So in one way, it was a good month. All the books I have read, have been pretty good. Below is the list of all the books that I have read in the month of September.
- Princess are Not Perfect by Kate Lum
- Grandfather Tang’s Story by Ann Tompert
- The Big Blue Spot by Holwitz Peter
- Arrow to the Sun by Gerald McDermott
- Willie Wins by Almira Astudillo Gilles
- The Call by Peadar O’Guilin
- Esperanza Rising by Pam Munoz Ryan
- Between Worlds by Skip Brittenham
- The Tale of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle by Beatrix Potter
- The Tale of Squirrel Nutkin by Beatrix Potter
- The Tailor of Gloucester by Beatrix Potter
- Archie Wilson and the Nuckelavee by Mark A. Cooper
- Remade: Shadows and Dreams by Matthew Cody
Now for October’s TBR. I am planning on making this month a spooky Halloween theme. Even if the book just has your usual witches, goblins, ghosts, and other paranormal fun, the idea is to read a book that is in the spirit of Halloween. Even my TBR challenge jar will participate in this theme. The challenge of this month is to read a book I should have read in high school. This was a hard challenge to complete because I read all the books that our teacher assigned to us. However, I decided to be a bit creative since my class was not able to read our “traditional” Shakespear book when I was in 11th grade. So, let’s begin with this TBR.
- How to Hang a Witch by Adriana Mathers
- Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
- Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
- Foretold by Carrie Ryan
- A Madness so Discrete by Mindy McGinnis
- Hollow City by Ransom Riggs
- Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs
- The Doll Graveyard by Lois Ruby
- MacBeth by William Shakespeare – the TBR challenge book
- Hammer of Thor by Rick Riordan – Can we count mythology? There are monsters in mythology.
I am a bit excited for this month’s TBR list. I am also a bit afraid that I will not be able to complete it. I usually don’t do scary books. I am willing to try it, and figure Halloween is the best time to get into the spirit. I do have some other books on reserve if I cannot handle the scariness but still follow under the Halloween umbrella. Those books are…
- How to Train Your Dragon – again with the mythical beast.
- Rebel of the Sands – apparently there is magic
- Heir Apparent
- This Savage Song
- Finish the Unwanted series.
- The Island of Legends
- The Island of Shipwrecks
- The Island of Graves
We will see what this month will bring.
As I have mentioned before, there are two readathons that I will be participating in this month. The first one is the Fright Fall Readathon. that will be happening from October 3rd to October 9th. The theme is to read scary books. The second readathon is the Dewey’s 24-Hour Readathon on the 22nd of October.
What are your plans for the month of October? Are you planning on reading any scary books? Let me know in the comments below.
Until next time, happy reading!