I cannot believe that this readathon is just around the corner. I felt like it was yesterday when I was planning this and thought, yeah, great weekend idea. With only five days left, I have decided to get ready and to create a TBR for this readathon. Let’s begin!
I have set up some challenges. And here they are for review.
- To read at least one old classic book
- To read at least one modern classic book
- To listen to a classic book
- To read at least four classic books in five days.
- To have fun!
Here are the books that I am planning on reading.
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelly – This is only of my many old classic books. I have read parts of this books for a class that I took in college. After I read the parts that I needed to read for class, I became a little curious about reading the whole book.
- The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson – Again, this is another old classic that I will be reading. However, I believe that this is a reread (again from that same class) and, I have performed a play version of this so there are times where I mix the book and the play together. This will be interesting.
- War of the Worlds by H.G. Wells – Again, this is another old classic that I had to read parts of for that class I took in college. I am looking forward to this book since finishing the Imaginarium Geographica series.
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens – I have the audio version of this book and I am a little skeptical about reading it. I have heard mix views on this books. On one hand, I have heard nothing but great things, but at the same time, I have heard nothing but bad things.
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling – This book will be a reread and I am trying to currently listen to the book. However, the audio book is just frustrating me, so I might switch to reading this book.
Can’t wait to see you next time. Happy Reading!