I know I am far behind I am with my readathons when I just realize that both the Bibliothon and the Bout of Book 15 is going on right now. When I first signed up for both readathons, I had every intention to doing them. However, life comes up with some unexpected surprises and we need to shift for them.
A few days ago, the second, my grandmother fell and rebroke her hip. So far our days have consisted of spending time with her in the ER and wait. In addition, I have also taken on the responsibility of helping my mom with my younger siblings and making sure that the house is in order when they both returned. It has been a crazy few days.
Now I have gotten some reading done, but not a whole lot, so here are my plans not to catch up but to still participate as much as I can.
The Bibliothon does have some reading challenges.
1) Read Soundless by Richelle Mead – It is their group read
2) Books that been sitting on my shelf for 1 or more years – These books have been on my DNF pile for a while, so I am counting it. I would like to either read Fated or The School of Good and Evil
3) A book over 300 pages – Ink and Bone is over 300 pages
4) reread a favorite book in a series – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. This is not my most favorite book in the series but is the next book that I need to complete to reread the series.
5) Read a book in your favorite genre – Almost all of these books are in my favorite genre. I might read Half Upon A Time. This book fits both middle grade as well as a story retelling which is a double bonus (two of my favorite genres in one).
6) Read a book based on the cover – Almost all the books that I pick up are based on their cover as well as their title and summary. For the purpose of this readathon I will pick Cupcakes, Trinkets and Other Deadly Magic by Meghan Ciana Doidge.
7) Read a book that has been recommending to you more than once. – I have some people recommending some books to me on Twitter, so I will check those books out.
As for the challenges for Bout of Books well you will be seeing some posts. But here are my personal goals for this readathon.
Time Devoted to Reading
- See above with Bibliothon
- Participate in many of the challenges as possible.
Number of books I’ve read today: 1
Total number of books I’ve read:1
Thank you for your understanding and I do hope that you will participate and have fun. Talk to you next time. Happy Reading!