With everything that has been going on these past few days, it is easy to forget that we are ending one year and is about to start another. It is amazing how much time has gone by. In addition, it is amazing with how much growth a person can do in a year, and how much one can accomplish.
I want to spend the time going over my 2015 goals and make some New Year resolutions for 2016. In addition, I would love to share with you some report summaries, showing the growth and development of 2015.
Without other ado, let us begin with 2015 resolutions. Anything crossed out and in green, meant that I succeeded. Any goals thats in purple meant that I am not sure. Let me know what you think in the comments below please. Finally any goals in red meant that I was not able to achieve this goal.
1) I want to read 100 books this year. I keep making it to about the mid 70’s, and this year I want to get to 100. I have done the math and that is about 2 books a week.
This goal, I was able to complete it and then some. So far I have read a total of 156 books. I am really proud of that accomplishment. With that accomplishment I have read 25,519 pages (according to Goodreads). I do hope that the link will work so that you can see all of the books that I have read throughout 2015.
2) I want to make a post a week. I have plans on posting either on Friday or Saturday. Those two days are the best days for me in creating and posting a post. However, there will be rare circumstances in which I will be posting on Sunday.
I am still not sure what to say about this. In some ways I have done the bare minimum of 52 posts (which is a post a week). However, there are some days that I have posted more than once, and some weeks I was able to post multiple times a week. Yet there are moments of time where I do not post at all. In face, almost all of June, and most of July, I was not able to post anything. Computer problems were a problem, and trying to find a working computer that I could tolerate, let alone use is a little hard when I keep having to put the computer into the shop. I will let you decide as to whether or not I have succeeded this goal. Let me know in the comments below if I have truly succeed. You can see my annual report for WordPress right here to see how my posting habits have improved.
3) I do not want to be behind on my posts. I am so behind on my posts. I have a five book reviews and one tag post. I just need to get them done.
Let the laughter commence.
Okay, so I did not succeed in this goal, but I have learned a lot from this. One, there is no such thing as being up to date with anything blog related unless I do not want to sleep, eat, or function. Staying up to date with all those book reviews is tough, and even tougher when you are balancing 4 jobs, helping you mom take care of your Grandmother with Alzheimers or taking your sisters from point A to point B. The goal was meant to be in good faith, and I was right in wanting to accomplish something a little challenging. In the end, I realize that it was a bit impossible, but was worth it.
4) I want to participate in both book-tube-a-thons and the second Bout of books read-a-thons. They are so much fun to participate, and I missed doing them last year.
I am going to claim success for the most part. I did participate in the main booktubeathon. However, with the holiday booktubeathon I was not able to do the last day due to life. I had to take my computer into the repair shop, which ended up being an all day affair, and work took up most of my time as well as I had to create magic due an unforeseen problem with one of the lesson plans.
In addition, I have also participated in many more readathons and have plans to participate in more the following year.
5) I want to get rid of my Do Not Finish (DNF) pile.
Let the laughter commence, again! HA HA HA HA HA!
Let’s be real. My DNF never shrank, it grew! My heart was in the right place. I just finished The End of the Year Reading Sprint and wanted to continue. However, reality got in the way. This year was an interesting year where I had to deal with a lot more anxiety and depression and needing to control it. Reading is a good way to control it, but at the same time I have to recognize what I can and cannot handle at the time. There are so many books that I have started that I would love to complete, but I need to be at the right place to do so.
6) I want to try to make vlogs for one month. I tried with one video and I did not like it. However, making one video is not enough, and if I want to be fair I believe that I need to try vlogging more.
Again, my heart was in the right place and I really wanted to try another format to share my love of books. The one thing that stopped me was my computer. I discovered that my computer’s graphic chip died and was not able to be replaced. I was able to watch videos, but creating them would be a problem since the visual and audio would never align. So I decided to not make videos, though I do have some made.
7) I want to upkeep both my Facebook and twitter page. I know that I have neglected both pretty bad, but I want to upkeep them a bit more.
Again, I will let you as the reader decide. This year I did do more posting on Facebook and Twitter. More than I have done in the past. Similar to the blog posting, I had my successful months and my not so successful months. I am not sure what to say about that. Like everything else, I did have good intentions and dreams for both.
Now let us move on to my New Year’s Resolutions for 2016. I do not have as many as I did last year, but I do hope that they will be a bit more successful.
- I would love to read 150 books this year. That is what I placed on Goodreads for my challenge, and for an added bonus I would love to see if I can get to 200 books. I am mainly focusing on getting to 150 books this year.
- Similar to last year in having 1 post a week. I decided that I will be a bit more specific. If you do the math, that is 52 posts this year. With my unique wording I was not sure if I succeeded or failed this resolution. However, this year it will not be the same. I would love to do at least one post a week with no more than two weeks of no posting in between. Meaning, that I can have a 2 week break, but no more between one post and the next.
- I would also like to improve on my upkeep on both my Facebook and Twitter accounts. Unlike last year, I will add the stipulation that I need 1 additional post per week that is beyond my usual “Look What I Have Posted On My Blog” posts. I will also give a two week leeway, similar to my previous resolution.
- I would love to cut down my DNF Pile. I have learned so much this year about my DNF pile. I would like to tackle this pile and make sure that it will be smaller than what it is right now, which is 10 books long.
- I would love to read one of my books from my Bucket List TBR.
That my dear friends is a great way to end 2015. I still have 1 hour and 40 minutes left until the new year. I do hope that this year will be a good year, not only for me, but for you as well. I also hope that this year will be filled with many great adventures, not only between the pages of a good book, but in life as well. In addition, I wish you all well for the coming year.
Until next time…
Live Long and Prosper!