I am so happy to be creating my January 2015 TBR! I know that it is a bit early, since I am still writing this towards the end of December of 2014, but I know what I want to read for the start of this coming year and I am ready to share this list of books! So without further ado, let’s begin!
1) The School of Good and Evil by Chainani – I must admit that I do want to finish this book. However, I am not in the mood to finish it this year. Though I do have plans to finish this in January. If I keep putting this book off, I might not finish this book, and so far that book is really good. This book is about two girls who live ordinary lives being transported to a story book world in which they go to school and try to survive their new surroundings.
2) Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Mass – Another thing I must admit. I have already started this book and I am about 100 pages into the book. It is really good, and I am really liking this world. I am looking forward to what will happen later on in this book. This book is about an Assassin’s chance to redeem herself by participating in a tournament to work for the kind.
3) Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern – I heard a lot of good things about this book, and decided to check it out. One of those cheap books that I paid $2.00 for. It is about two people finding their place in the world with their disabilities.
4) The Story of Awkward by R.K. Ryals – I chose this book because of the synopsis. It sounds really interesting. It is about a girl who tries to breakout of her awkwardness but discovers that no matter what, awkwardness will always exist. It is a really short story, being a little over a 150 pages.
5) The Son of Sobek by Rick Riordan – This book is a crossover between Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles with Percy and Carter. That is the best that I can explain this book. This book is only 28 pages long.
6) The Staff of Serapis by Rick Riordan – Like the book above, there is not a lot that I know. Again it is the same crossover but with Annabeth and Sadie. This book is only 42 pages long!
I am also hoping to participate in a TBR jar challenge. however, the first challenge that I received was to read a 2015 debut novel. Since the first book that I am interested in won’t be published until February of 2015, I decided to pull another challenge out and to put that challenge back in. My next challenge is to read an author that is new to me. To complete this challenge I will be reading the Sarah J. Mass and Cammie McGovern book. Both authors I have not read before, and I am looking forward to their writing. I want to see if the hype is what it is all about. I know that I have started the Sarah J. Mass book a few days ago, which is why I am also added the McGovern book to be fair and accurate.
Just so you know, I will explain all about this challenge in my next post. It just seemed like a fun idea, and it guarantees that I will be reading 12 book this year. I like the idea that it is encouraging me to go outside my comfort levels and to explore new realms.
I do hope that you enjoyed my January TBR. I am looking forward to all the books that I am planning on reading this month. I do hope that your new year will bring in lots of love, joy, and adventure.