I am a little nervous about doing the booktube-a-thon. I have never done anything like this! I hope that this will be a rewarding experience that I will never forget. The following is a link about what this is and the rules. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRd8T_yWukM&feature=youtube
So basically, if you can get onto the post, Booktube-a-thon is basically a reading marathon with a few challenges attach to it. Below are the seven challenges.
1. read 300 pages a day
2. read a book with over 500 pages
3. reread a book
4. finish a series / trilogy
5. read a book that has been on your shelf
6. listen to an audio book
7.read a classic
And an added challenge is to combine some of these challenges, which you will see below.
So here is my set list of books that I will be reading.
1. To kill a Mockingbird – I would really like to find this on audio. I am having a hard time, if not I do have a backup. If I can find this book it will cover challenge numbers 1, 3, 6, and 7. Plus it is 320 pages in a book format.
2. Kydona – I have about 300 pages left, and I really want to finish this book. It is just taking to long and I am suddenly getting bored. Don’t get me wrong. The story is amazing, it is just taking me to long to read the book, and I want to finish this more than anything this summer. I was suppose to finish this by the end of June in exchange for getting this book for free. Hence the only thing that this will cover is challenge number 1
3. Ready or Not – I downloaded this book a while ago and never got a chance to read it. Okay, not that long. Probably about a month. My mom had read it and she claimed it was good. It is about 800 pages long so it covers challenge number 2.
4. Whatever Happens to Goodbye – I bought this book several years ago. You heard me, several years ago. I never truly got a chance to read it. I believe that I was starting the book last year when I got my nook. Then I put the book down. I only got to page seven. Well this book covers challenge number 5. It is only 402 pages long.
5. Every Soul a Star – Let me just say that I am excited about this book. I have read it a few years ago, and I have not been giving the chance to share this book. If you have not read it, do so. You will not regret it. This will be a reread. I figure my rereads will be fast and simple and I will complete this faster than any of the other “new” book. This complete challenge number 3, only being 322 pages long.
6. Marry Poppins – This book has been on my To Be Read (TBR) shelf for too long. Well… ever since I found out it was a book before it became a movie. I really want to know how much of the book was changed to become a movie. Sadly, it is only 110 pages. and does not truly complete any of the challenges, but it will help me with my page count at the end.
7. Kira’s Quest: Awakenings – Let me begin to say that I love books that are in a series. I will not be starting and finishing this series in this challenge, but the book does seem interesting and it is for my page count with only 219 pages.
8. Twice Upon a Marigold – I started this series back in March. Okay, I only read the first book in March and was not able to get it due to the lack of internet at the time. However, after reading reviews of the second book, I have been a little hesitant in reading the second book. Well, now I have a chance to see if those review are wrong. In challenge number 4 is to complete a trilogy/ series, and that is what I am about to do. I am going to complete challenge number 4 with only 200 to this book.
9. Thrice Upon a Marigold – again just finishing a series and completing challenge number 4. This little book only has 138 pages.
Thus this comes to a complete total page count of 2565 pages. Now onto my backups
10. The Hobbit – I do have the audio version, and I have heard it before – around Valentine’s Day. It would also count as a reread. Hence replacing the first book in my set list if something goes wrong. It is a classic, a reread, and an audio book.
11. Something Witchy this way Comes – I have started reading this book a long time ago. I never got a chance to finish this because I was so bored with this book. So I dropped it and moved on. However, I do want to go back to it and see what will happen to all these great characters that I grew attach to.
12. The Last Elf – Similar story to the previous book, however, not as long as sitting on the nook shelf waiting for me to pick up again. Interesting story, and I do love what is happening, I am just not that interested in the book.
So that is my set list. We will see how far I will get into reading all of these book, through life and work. Wish me luck!